More Than Just a Gym… This Is a Journey.
At Ekata, we believe movement and mindfulness are key steps on your path to being a complete individual. Ekata literally means “oneness” and it sums up our approach to total mind and body fitness. With a blend of Eastern tradition and Western science, combined with the practice of mindfulness, we work with you to develop truly lasting, holistic health.
Ekata has been part of the Santa Clarita community since 2006, but our roots reach back to 1992, when Sifu Ed Monaghan started a health club in West Hollywood combining martial arts and fitness. After 15 years of developing the concept, Sifu Ed and Sifu JoAnn Wabisca opened Ekata Martial Arts & Fitness on Cinema Drive in Valencia, and in 2014, we relocated to the expanded Ekata Training Center on Smyth Drive.
This is more than just a place to simply get in a workout and lose weight. It is an oasis from the hectic pace of daily life; a sanctuary where you can care for your body, sharpen your mind, and experience true transformation.
Through a combination of physical fitness, Mindfulness and meditation, you will see changes that last.
We believe that true fitness begins with the right mindset, and at Ekata you will develop the right mindset to begin a journey of total fitness.
Your journey begins here.
Ekata’s Mindful Fitness Program – The Mental Gym
At Ekata, we train the brain and the body!
Negative habits start with our brains. At Ekata we train the brain to train the body, which creates lasting change!
At Ekata, we are experts in the field of “mindfulness.”
The practice of maintaining a nonjudgmental state of heightened or complete awareness
of one’s thoughts, emotions, or experiences on a moment-to-moment basis
- At Ekata we train the brain and the body!
- Learn to be mindful at rest and in action.
- Mindfulness trains the pre-frontal cortex of the brain, which controls one’s ability to say “no” to emotional impulses.
- This process strengthens the circuitry in the brain responsible for releasing destructive and disturbing emotions.
- Mindfulness widens the gap between impulse and action.
- This awareness leads to the elimination of negative habits, decreased stress and a happy, healthy life!